If you’re looking for free pregnancy testing in Peoria, Illinois, pregnancy resource centers, like Empower Life Center, are a great option.
At Empower Life Center, we offer free pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, and other resources to help you feel supported and informed about your pregnancy.
Think you might be pregnant? While a pregnancy test and a follow-up ultrasound are the only ways to confirm a pregnancy, common symptoms may indicate you’re pregnant.
Read on to learn more about the top signs of pregnancy and the best time to take a pregnancy test.
Top Early Signs of Pregnancy
The changing hormones that come along with pregnancy can cause common symptoms. If you notice any of the following physical or emotional changes, it could indicate pregnancy.
- Missed menstrual period—Was your period absent this month? If so, you may be pregnant. A missed menstrual period is often the first sign of pregnancy, although other factors can also cause you to miss your period. Taking a pregnancy test is an excellent next step if you’ve missed your period.
- Sore, swollen breasts—Does your bra feel tighter? Are your breasts more sensitive or painful than usual? Early pregnancy hormones can affect your breasts and cause them to feel larger and more sensitive than usual.
- Feeling nauseous or vomiting—If you’re feeling sick to your stomach without reason or running to the bathroom, you may be pregnant. While not every woman will experience morning sickness, many women feel nauseous in early pregnancy due to rising hormones.
- Feeling exhausted—If you’re more tired than usual and are having trouble staying awake, this could mean you’re pregnant.
- Experiencing moodiness—Are you happy one minute and sad the next? Can even a commercial bring you to tears? If this is something new, it may indicate that you’re pregnant.
When to Take a Pregnancy Test?
If you notice any early signs of pregnancy, the next step is to take a pregnancy test. The best time to take a pregnancy test is after you’ve missed your period. By this point, the pregnancy hormone hCG levels should be high enough in your body to be detected by a pregnancy test.
If you’re looking for free pregnancy testing or have already received a positive result at home and are looking for a follow-up confirmation and ultrasound, Empower Life Center has you covered. We’re here to support you with free pregnancy resources and a caring team who understands your situation. Contact us today to schedule a free, confidential appointment.